CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is seeking an Office Administrator to provide administrative support for the 35 person SPARC Team which includes CFS and MIT employees.
This team member will:
- Arrange travel for external meetings using travel agency
- Coordinate staff schedules to set up interoffice meetings and logistics (catering, conference rooms, etc.)
- Greeting and shepherding guests to appropriate meetings rooms/buildings around MIT's Plasma Science and Fusion Center "PSFC"
- Liaison for new employees and contractors
- Space manager: seat assignments, laptop set-up, small equipment procurement
- Initial contact and liaison for IT issues (deciding whether MIT IT or CFS IT support required)
- Ordering/maintaining office supplies for the MIT PSFC Design Center
- Refreshing coffee station and maintaining kitchen supplies
- Planning company events, dinners, and other activities
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in administrative support roles
- Skill in administrative office tools, such as MS 365 software
- The ability to assimilate different and diverse demands into a coherent support plan
- The perspective to accommodate multiple requests for support and prioritize appropriately
- Comfortable working autonomously; self-motivated
- A drive towards attention to detail
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, startup R&D environment
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.