IT Business Applications Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) is the surest path to limitless, clean fusion energy. Our mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We have created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The IT Business Applications Engineer will work to understand the business requirements and
develop/implement appropriate solutions. This role will be focused on the CFS ERP implemented on Odoo,
including designing, developing and configuring the solution in Odoo and integration with other systems such as
HR Information System, Payroll, Manufacturing, etc. The IT Business Applications Engineer will work in
Odoo. This role will be responsible for the complete development, documentation, testing, and deployment of
the solutions they develop.
This team member will:
- Work with the Applications Engineer and Business to define the use cases and translate them into a solution
- Work with the IT colleagues to ensure that solutions are compatible with the defined standards and scalable
- Design and develop solutions and write code as appropriate in response to the business needs
- Implement the solution ensuring that the security and infrastructure contexts are properly evaluated
- Conduct defect analysis and perform necessary updates and enhancements
- Assist in unit testing the solutions
- Troubleshoot production problems in a timely manner
- Work in compliance with programming and documentation standards
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements within their programming skill set and the Odoo platform.
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- BS in an IT-related field or equivalent business experience.
- 3+ years development experience in ERP systems.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and GitHub
- Experience working with integration platforms
- Previous experience working with a Tier 2 ERP, preferably Odoo
- Possess Excellent problem solving skills
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Have a good understanding of SaaS and integration topics
- Address problems with positive, creative and collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to provide updates on Applications and projects status
- Have an agile mindset to provide solutions quickly with an incremental value to customers
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.