Government Program Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is seeking a Government Program Manager to find, triage, and execute complex governmental grant programs that advance commercial fusion. The Government Program Manager will have experience running multi-stakeholder engineering programs, interacting with federal granting agencies like the DOE, and is highly organized and mission-driven.
This team member will:
- Field and triage incoming proposal requests from partners and stakeholders.
- Find funding opportunities for unfunded CFS and partner projects.
- Determine eligibility and strategic alignment of individual opportunities.
- Work with individual teams to assist on non-CFS led proposals. Advise on CFS requirements, capabilities, schedules, level of involvement, deliverables, etc.
- Work with in-house teams to prepare CFS-led proposals. Coordinate with CFS partners on staff, budgets, timelines and responsibilities and external stakeholders.
- Manage program deliverables, audits, reports, SOW changes, budgets, and milestone checks.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 5+ years experience managing or co-managing engineering programs.
- Extensive experience winning and administering federal grants.
- Formal project management certification or experience preferred.
- Possess remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed.
- Have a proven record of decision-making with little oversight.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.