Buyer / Scheduler
Milpitas, CA /
Operations Team – Supply Chain/Procurement /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) is the surest path to limitless, clean fusion energy. Our mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We have created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The Buyer / Scheduler understands what materials are needed by when to complete builds on time, makes sure deliveries happen as expected, and keeps all stakeholders updated on status by managing the planning bill of material and open purchase orders. Nurtures a culture of open communication and collaboration.
This team member will:
- Builds and updates tools in Excel, Smartsheet, and ERP
- Releases purchase orders and follows up to ensure parts will arrive as expected
- Manages supplier open order reports and updates planning bill of materials with expected delivery dates
- Negotiate internally & externally to align supply and demand
- Provide constant, accurate, clear, and timely updates to internal customers
- Acts as the link between suppliers, planners, engineers, and technicians
- Helps to resolve receiving and accounts payable issues
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years combined experience managing data or buying / planning / scheduling
- Experience managing open orders and bill of materials (preferred)
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment (preferred)
- Experience in manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems (preferred)
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Ability to type minimum of 90 words per minute
- Strong, demonstrated aptitude with MS Excel and spreadsheet tools
- Understanding of SQL or other programming language (preferred)
- Familiarity with Smartsheet (preferred)
- Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with many levels of personnel and suppliers
- Understanding of the procurement process, purchase orders and the management of open orders
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.