Supply Chain Master Data Analyst
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team – Supply Chain/Procurement /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) is the surest path to limitless, clean fusion energy. Our mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We have created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The Supply Chain Master Data Analyst monitors and examines supply chain master data in order to drive critical business decisions and ensure the on time, on budget delivery of critical business objectives. This role will develop databases, exception reports, dashboards, and data standards to enable the team to move quickly and efficiently and will provide the information backbone that the supply chain organization will use to make decisions.
This team member will:
- Ensures master data integrity in ERP and related systems and maintains the processes to support the data quality
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the supply chain data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements
- Proactively uses data to inform and direct the supply chain organization to change processes necessary to meet cost, quality, and delivery objectives
- Conducts data cleaning and exception reporting to rid the system of old, inaccurate, unused, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Computer Programming, Data Analytics, Engineering, Business, Finance
- Master's Degree is a plus
- Seven or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
- Minimum of 5 years experience with ERP data and functionality
- Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Python, SQL, or similar programming languages
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in setting up new or managing improvements to business processes
- Exceptional understanding of ERP master data
- Possess remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed or a willingness to learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Be able to work with minimal supervision to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess excellent judgement and the ability to make and execute on decisions for the holistic betterment of the company with little oversight
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Exhibit strong customer service skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with exceptionally tight deadlines with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Address problems with a positive, creative, collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to write concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence
- Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with many levels of personnel and suppliers
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to work extended periods of time spent working on computers and on phone calls
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.