Head of Indirect Procurement
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
As CFS continues our aggressive growth plans following the most recent round of funding, we are looking to hire a Head of Indirect Procurement to join our team!
This team member will:
- Build and manage the indirect procurement organization in support of facility, software, consulting, and construction activities
- Manage the indirect purchasing process for goods and services from suppliers in support of internal customer requirements
- Develop and optimize purchasing business processes including credit card management, purchase order approvals, contract management, and others
- Lead sourcing and category based initiatives to identify and select best value suppliers and mitigate risk
- Prepare and execute negotiations for contracts and agreements, coordinating with legal counsel where necessary to finalize contracts and statements of work
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
- Provide constant, clear, and timely updates to internal customers
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Possess remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Be able to work with minimal supervision to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work well under pressure and with exceptionally tight deadlines
- Possess excellent judgement and the ability to make and execute on decisions for the holistic betterment of the company with little oversight
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Exhibit strong customer service skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Address problems with a positive, creative, collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to write concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence.
- Have strong relationship building skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with many levels of personnel and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated skill in using PC with Microsoft Office
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Previous sourcing or procurement experience
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Experience with financial & procurement control systems or cost accounting structures
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.