ERP Business Analyst
Corporate Operations – Enterprise Information Systems /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
You will be the strategic interface between various teams across the organization and responsible for identifying and documenting opportunities and creating solutions to improve the business process through technology – primarily using Odoo – our ERP System. You will belong to a collaborative culture and exhibit transparent communication and teamwork.
This team member will:
- Act as a liaison with cross-functional business teams in the areas of Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Finance and work with all levels of management to implement business processes using Odoo
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ideate and implement solutions to resolve business inefficiencies and pain points
- Map requirements, design, improve, train and document business process solutions within project scope
- Help teams achieve a smooth business process flow by leveraging the capabilities of the ERP System
- Have a robust understanding of business processes across the organization and use that knowledge to develop streamlined procedures and eliminate waste
- Proactively mitigates issues and suggests opportunities to enhance functionality for continuous improvement
- Coordinate with the development team on the creation of new solutions
- Create Test Plans and perform testing of new features and bug fixes
- Develop, document and maintain best-practice solutions and methodologies
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or Finance
- 3+ Years in Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain or Finance
- Ability to prioritize competing requirements and negotiate satisfactory solutions
- Experience implementing new or troubleshooting existing functionality in ERP system
- Experience proposing and presenting a business case and creating a viable product roadmap
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to align cross-functional teams on business processes supported by ERP or equivalent tools
- Strong understanding of processes in the areas of Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Finance in a manufacturing or construction industry
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Start-up or high growth environment
- Programming knowledge with Python and PostgresSQL is a Plus
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Perform activities such as stooping, typing, standing, and sitting, for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel occasionally
$80,000 - $180,000 a year
Salary range for this full-time position + equity + benefits. The actual salary will depend on level, location, qualifications, and experience. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.