Accounts Payable Specialist
Devens, MA /
Finance – Accounting /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the company's bills are paid timely and accurately to keep our world-changing project on track! In this role, you will coordinate the processing and payment of our supplier invoices, review and process expense reports submitted by employees, and assist with our monthly accounting close process. You will coordinate directly with stakeholders within the business as well as with our external suppliers to ensure a smooth payment process. We're a quick-moving organization in our pursuit of clean, fusion energy, and we're looking for folks that can keep organized while remaining flexible in a rapidly evolving work environment. Strong attention to detail is critical for this role to ensure our records are accurate.
This team member will:
- Execute accounts payable function in a high-volume and dynamic working environment (entering, processing, and paying invoices)
- Maintain detailed electronic records to support accounts payable transactions for compliance and annual audit
- Coordinate in a prompt and professional manner with procurement, receiving, budget owners, and external suppliers to facilitate the prompt resolution of outstanding transactions, invoice holds, and payment issues
- Monitor accounts payable workflow ensuring appropriate approval authority, general ledger coding, and compliance with company internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Assist with month-end accounting close, reconciliations, and accruals
- Support company credit card program, ensure compliance with approval and transaction documentation policies, and reconcile to credit card statements
- Prepare and distribute 1099s to appropriate vendors and file with IRS
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or similar field preferred
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Payable experience is required in a paperless workflow environment
- Experience working in a purchase order-driven accounts payable workflow within an ERP system
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work and manage time independently, as part of a collaborative team
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.