CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is expanding its business operations to the west coast as we plan to open our Milpitas office. We are seeking an Operations/Office Manager to support leadership in the efficient running of this facility, to coordinate with the home office resources in support of the business, and to help reduce the administrative and operational burden on local leadership.
This team member will:
- Be the central hub for the newly formed team in a new facility
- Create rules, procedures, protocols, and structures
- Manage all site administration activities including procurement, finance, and employee relations (local support to corporate HR)
- Assist with scheduling, event planning, arranging travel, managing the office environment, ordering supplies, and other logistics
- Be responsible for and coordinate activities in IT, legal, facilities, and site safety
- Operational support of the new facility build-out
- Provide guidance and leadership in making CFS a better place to work and instilling CFS’s core values:
Execution - Get things done. Refuse to stagnate. Deliver with speed.
Self-critique - Combining a data-driven approach with open dialogue to root out the best ideas.
Integrity - Committed to scientific integrity and treating people well.
Impact - Driven to develop an economically viable, clean energy source in time to combat climate change.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 10+ years of business operations experience building, optimizing, transforming, automating, and running internal operations in similar high-growth, fast-paced companies with an R&D component
- An organized, operational mindset focused on eliminating waste and inefficiency
- Leadership abilities, experience building culture, and a talent for supporting teams to execute a multitude of concurrent needs and priorities
- Personal values that complement our company’s values
- A team player with the mindset, shared mission, vision, and values to guide actions
- An eagerness and ability to wear many hats in a dynamic, start-up environment
- A passion for CFS’s mission to deploy fusion power and reverse climate change
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience working in a scientific or highly technical facility a plus
- You are up to the challenge of being the central hub supporting the entire team at a unique, world-changing startup. You are the person everyone wants to be around. Nothing is beneath you, but you don’t just do repetitive tasks, you find ways to increase productivity. You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.