Systems Engineer - Requirements Management
Cambridge, MA /
Tokamak Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The SPARC tokamak will have a variety of plant-scale instrumentation and control systems that need to be designed and integrated, including large pulsed power systems, magnet and radio-frequency (RF) power supplies, cryogenic plant, and tokamak plasma operations. With that, we are seeking a Systems Engineer, focusing on requirements management to join the team!
This team member will:
- work within a multi-disciplinary team of physicists and engineers as part of collaborative sponsored research projects at the MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center (PSFC);
- lead the requirements management program for the SPARC tokamak;
- elicit system requirements from SPARC system owners;
- establish requirements traceability through the decomposition of high-level general requirements to functional and performance system requirements;
- ensure the design is verified and validated in compliance with the Code of Record;
- maintain interfaces with other engineering subsystems; and
- report on and be accountable for the SPARC requirements management program and report to the Head of Systems Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 5+ years in systems engineering in an industry such as aerospace, auto, or fission, etc.
- 5+ experience in IBM DOORS NG, JAMA Software, or similar platform performing formal requirements management, administrative experience customizing RM tools;
- has performed system functional analysis, decomposition of systems into functions to identify functional requirements and interfaces;
- familiarity in applying codes and standards to design solutions, such as IEEE Std 1012-2016
- an exceptional safety record and attention to detail;
- at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field (e.g., electrical);
- an ability to clearly express and critique ideas;
- an emphasis on elegance and simplicity over complexity;
- a drive towards commercially-viable solutions;
- a history of thriving in fast-paced, dynamic environments; and
- values that align with our company’s values of integrity, execution, impact, and self-critique.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.