Cambridge, MA /
Tokamak Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
This team member will:
- Provide integration of the design solutions using the preferred 3-D design tool.
- Ensure configuration control is maintained for the design media in the 3-D design tool.
- Oversight and direction in maintaining Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) standards based on ASME Y14.5 and similar.
- Develop General Arrangement drawings for the tokamak device and internals, and the interface with support systems at the tokamak.
- Lead the effort to determine the correct assembly sequence for the tokamak and interfacing support systems at the tokamak.
- Develop the drawing control procedure, including forms such as sketches, drafts, and released versions, and how these interface with the Document Control system.
- Provide expertise to ensure the integrated 3-D design meets requirements (safety, performance, reliability, etc.).
- Develop and implement procedures and work aids for completing 3-D design work for the SPARC tokamak.
- Ensure change and version control is maintained for associated design deliverables.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to incorporate their input into the SPARC 3-D design.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Minimum 15 years of related experience in engineering design applications.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nuclear experience (fusion or fission) is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in applying 3-D design engineering in practice.
- Experience with QA programs and how these apply to design/build work.
- Exceptional attention to detail is required.
- Experience working on integrated 3-D design models and integration tools.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of how to apply GD&T to design work, and how to institutionalize this with the design team.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills.
- A Professional Engineer license is preferred, but not mandatory.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect with a desire to foster teamwork.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.