Devens, MA /
SPARC Team – Tokamak Systems /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The Configuration Lead must have experience and be able to develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for all programs, projects, and tasks. When issues arise, must be able to identify and implement solutions. Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds.
This team member will:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of configuration management processes and procedures for the product's entire life cycle.
- Configuration management for the exchange of data between PLM and other enterprise systems.
- Provide configuration and change management procedure guidance and training
- Use of configuration management tools to store, track, and manage product data such as EBOM, MBOM and work instructions.
- Reviews documentation in release cycle for completeness, proper authorizations, system impacts and class designation.
- Ensure proper controls on information to protect against improper modifications before, during and after the release cycle.
- Develops configuration and change management policies.
- Develops program specific configuration management plans that meets contractual and schedule requirements.
- Performs configuration audits on established product baselines.
- Coordinate with Design L2s, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to ensure CM is being executed in accordance with CM policies and procedures.
- Be an individual driver of process improvement efforts to increase CM efficiency and reduce CM turn-time.
- Work with process owners to understand requirements, scope, based on product knowledge.
- Responsibility for improving and maintaining the accuracy of configuration information around compliance, service levels, and overall quality of data to achieve and maintain supportability and operational excellence.
- Responsibilities include contributing to the improvement of existing practices through process, automation, and data management.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with Configuration Management, project and product structure, BOM and change management.
- 3 years’ experience Active Workspace (AWS).
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with Teamcenter, ODOO, JIRA, ERP, MES, Confluence, Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, M-Files and AVEVA E3D Platform.
- Knowledge of EIA-649B Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software.
- Knowledge of CE qualification and certification requirements.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.