CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
A new class of high-field superconducting magnets will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add a Process Engineer to our growing team in Milpitas, CA.
This CFS Process Engineer will report to the Head of Superconductor R&D and will be responsible for aspects of the construction, implementation, and development of advanced R&D equipment. This equipment presents a host of challenges including large, robust, and ergonomic high-vacuum chambers, components operating under extreme conditions such as high temperatures, large temperature gradients, complicated component manipulation, large pressure differentials, tight mechanical tolerances, and long run times.
This team member will:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary and proven team of top scientists and engineers;
- Own the process development and qualifications of key sub-systems;
- Develop and conduct design of experiments for process;
- Maintain interfaces with other engineering subsystems;
- Report on and be accountable for project progress to the Head of Superconductor R&D
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience -- for example: design, construction, and operation of industrial, large-scale R&D and manufacturing equipment;
- The ability to conceive novel solutions to challenging problems;
- An exceptional safety record and attention to detail;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field (e.g., physics, chemistry, materials science, or mechanical);
- Familiarity with engineering systems in challenging environments
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.