CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS has a need for a Senior Accountant to lead the accounting process for our various research & development, manufacturing, and construction projects. No two projects at CFS are the same, and each one will bring us closer to our pursuit of clean, limitless, fusion energy. The right candidate will bring best practices for project accounting to our rapidly evolving organization to enable us to learn from timely and accurate project financial reporting.
This team member will:
- Work directly with corporate controller to support all accounting functions. This includes initial responsibility for transactional areas such as A/P and payroll.
- Lead project accounting initiatives for research & development, manufacturing, and construction projects from initiation through closeout.
- Implement project accounting best practices and help us to establish accounting procedures and assist with ERP implementation.
- Work closely alongside our financial planning & analysis and project management functions to investigate project variances and inform our financial forecast.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, grants, etc. This person will coordinate financial compliance efforts for Department of Energy grants.
- Perform key steps in monthly close process including recording of journal entries and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 3+ years of experience accounting for complex capital or R&D projects in a growing organization.
- Understand project accounting best practices, with experience implementing new processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- ERP software experience preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- A problem solver
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Able to efficiently coordinate our stakeholders around financial information in a way that enables, rather than hinders, progress
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment a rapid pace of growth and change, self-directed prioritization, and the ability to wear multiple “hats” on a daily basis
- Passionate about our clean energy future
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.