CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
As Executive Assistant to CFS’ CEO, you will be supporting the leader of a rapidly growing organization with global operations. You will interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and your efforts will enable the CEO to thrive.
This is a position that will benefit from your confidence, organization, natural leadership and ability to learn quickly. Your excellent communication skills and the ability to understand & work with a variety of people will contribute daily to CFS achieving its near-term and longer-term mission.
It is important that you are someone who takes initiative, continuously seeking to improve processes and approaches to heighten effectiveness of the executive office and company as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to participate in various working groups to plan, coordinate, and execute special events and programs.
This team member will:
- Responsible for calendar management and meeting scheduling for the CEO; requires interaction with internal and external contacts to coordinate a variety of executive meetings.
- Assist the CEO with internal and external communications including letter, memo and email correspondence.
- Arrange domestic and international travel details and prepare expense reports for the CEO.
- Proactively develop and implement governance/Board meeting/conference call schedules and correspondence, maintain accurate records.
- Assist with management of meetings, meeting logistics, agenda preparation and follow up on action items as appropriate.
- Develop quality relationships with members and consultants, particularly the EAs at member firms, consultants’ offices and other key contacts’ offices.
- Assist the CEO with general organization, tracking of ongoing tasks/projects, files and paperwork.
- Manage relationship development carried out by CEO, including research, scheduling and tracking the CEO’s outreach to a range of external stakeholders.
- Additional projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 8+ years of strong experience supporting a CEO (or equivalent) in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment with global operations
- Proven ability engaging with stakeholders at all levels of a growing organization, from new employees through board members and investors
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in order to adjust priorities on the fly, interact with senior executives, employees, investors and high-level external partners
- Resourcefulness and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Experience with Windows and ideally OS operating systems; Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required, ideally with cloud document management systems like Dropbox or similar
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
- Exceptional organizational, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- High degree of professionalism and polish with superior interpersonal/customer service skills
- Interest in learning the business and industry; overall intellectual curiosity
- Comfort with and experience in coordinating meetings and organizing travel across different time zones
- Ability to stay on deadline and coordinate large scale events with many moving parts
- Superior organizational and time management skills, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of general administrative procedures, systems, computer file management, hard copy file management, and basic HR principles
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.