IT Infrastructure Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The IT infrastructure Engineer role is a Sr. Director level role responsible for building the CFS IT infrastructure from the ground up to support growth and need for “operations like air”. The IT infrastructure Engineer will provide leadership coordinating internal and external resources in support of the business.
This team member will:
- Assess IT infrastructure technologies (network, cabling, storage, servers, WAN, firewall …) either in the cloud or on premise as most appropriate
- Lead the implementation of a secure approach to IT desk side support
- Lead and support the implementation of infrastructure and security technologies
- Contribute to the negotiation of contract and agreements related to IT Infrastructure technologies
- Develop and maintain the IT Infrastructure road-map by proactively identifying inside and outside technology trends to keep the IT infrastructure landscape current and aligned with the CFS needs
- Establish standards, procedure and agreements with internal and external partners to ensure smooth execution
- Monitor the IT infrastructure operations and ensure that CFS assets are available, safe and protected
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Possess Excellent problem solving and risk management skills
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Have an excellent knowledge of networking, storage, clustering, security and cloud (AWS and/or MS Azure)
- Address problems with positive, creative and collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to provide updates on technology status and strategy
- Have an agile mindset to provide solutions quickly with an incremental value to customers
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ year experience in supporting and managing on-prem and cloud infrastructure operations
- Previous experience with a mix environment made of on-premise and cloud computing
- Previous experience in managing external vendors and internal IT service providers
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.