Metagame Systems Designer
Art and Design /
Remote Full Time
Chainkemists is a startup building new and unconventional gaming experiences made only possible by blockchain technology. We firmly believe that cryptographic protocols will usher in a new era of online gaming experiences that are community owned and governed, resilient, composable, open-source, and can ultimately LAST FOREVER. We are a team of gaming industry veterans excited to unlock a new future. We are looking for driven and passionate individuals who want to shape that new future with us.
As a Metagame Systems Designer, you will design systems and content which increases player connection to the virtual world they are taking part in. You will partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to create and iterate on a variety of features ranging from collection, progression, and customization in non combat activities. All of these features contribute to an experience that rewards and motivate players progress from game to game, starting from their first moments to their 1000th hour.
- You will help guide the experience of a player from their first moments to their 1000th hour.
- We are a small and scrappy team, so this role will require plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning systems and mechanics.
- We are still early in the product development cycle, so the ideal candidate is comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven.
- You understand how to scale execution and utilize operational skills to keep projects moving forward and hitting milestones.
- You clearly present options and trade-offs between various high level system designs to your team and stakeholders to help with planning and execution of product milestones and roadmaps.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Experience in developing meta-systems
- Experience with progression or rewards systems like leveling, items, and currencies
- Demonstrated proficiency scripting in at least one engine in a shipped title
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ game
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online multiplayer PvP games
- Experience designing non-combat systems like customization, progression, crafting, or social interactions
- Experience designing for cooperative strategy games
- Experience with balancing a long term game economy or crafting systems
- Experience developing in Unreal
Chainkemists is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.