Security Engineer, Product Security
San Francisco / Remote
Remote - Full-time /
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Security Team
The security department is the guardian of Chainlink Labs’ people and infrastructure. Its principal objective is to safeguard Chainlink Labs and its assets against potential threats from any external or internal source. This mission is accomplished through a combination of specialized security engineering, the deployment of cutting-edge technologies, forward-thinking policy development, and the training of highly skilled, security-aware personnel throughout the entire organization.
As an indispensable component of the larger organization, the team seeks to promote a widely understood culture of security, safeguarding our most valuable assets while remaining agile and accessible to all employees and the community.
About the Role
The Chainlink Labs Product Security team is looking for a driven and passionate Security Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team. You will help design and advise other teams on secure and scalable architectures, assist with their implementation, and develop entirely new and novel systems that protect Chainlink and the Web3 ecosystem. You’ll have the opportunity to help shape and secure the next generation of Web3 products and infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Build security tools and controls that are deployed across the company
- Design, develop, and deploy new core security features to public Chainlink products like the Chainlink core node
- Define new processes and systems that make attacks on our networks hard to execute and easy to detect
- Immerse yourself in Chainlink’s upcoming engineering and non-engineering projects and ensure security is fundamental to their design and functionality
- Help define, shape, and achieve the company’s broader security goals
- Experience in Go or Rust
- Experience in a security related function
- Experience building security software or securing enterprise systems
- Comfortable with *nix operating systems (including macOS)
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment and set of technologies
- Experience writing or auditing Solidity
- Experience auditing or securing frontends (React, NPM)
- Strong understanding of cryptography, including concepts such as TLS, FIDO, encryption, and public key cryptography
- Familiarity with security analysis tooling and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for the Ethereum (and other EVM compatible networks) with experience in tooling development, hardware wallets, and deployments
- Experience working on open source software with a GitHub history to prove it
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants