Motion Graphics Designer
United States / Remote /
Remote - Full-time
The Motion Graphics Designer will be in charge of opening a new Brand Design function in the Organization (motion design) by bringing Chainlink’s brand to life through compelling short and long-form animations. In collaboration with the Design team, the Motion Graphics Designer will have a major impact in owning the end-to-end execution of animated projects, set and own the motion design standards, and help define strategies to efficiently portray the story of transformative blockchain technology.
- 5+ years of motion design experience, preferable in developer tools and/or technology companies
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Illustrator. Advanced knowledge of Figma.
- Demonstrable storytelling skills, with the ability to capture groundbreaking technical concepts and creatively translate them into relatable animated stories
- A portfolio that showcases experience in every technical stage of the animation process, including graphic design, illustration, keyframing, and sound design
- Strong fundamental knowledge of formal design principles including color, typography, and layout
- Provable experience in creating UI animated components (Lottie)
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, actively to resolve issues, and take ownership of projects
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Clean and clear aesthetics optimized around modern design standards for developer tools and technology products
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
- Create visually stunning short and long-form animations that will be shared with a Community of hundreds of thousands blockchain enthusiasts and developers
- Own end-to-end execution of animation pieces, from designing/illustrating an in-brand storyboard, to keyframing the final animation and adding sound effects
- Support Chainlink’s wide range of products with compelling, clean and high quality technical animated explainers, referred by thousands of developers from all over the world
- Partner with the Marketing team to define, develop, and execute motion design strategies and assets that support a wide variety of livestreams
- Assist various teams in their effort to educate developers on Chainlink products through demos and tutorials, by rebuilding existing interfaces and recreating interactions in a high-resolution animated format
- Join forces with strategists of the team to create high-impact pieces, such as teasers, advertisements, and promotional animations
- Actively contribute to refining Chainlink’s media library through its institutional assets, such as stingers, transitions, lower thirds, etc.
- Collaborate with Brand Designers to constantly curate Chainlink’s brand, and own the motion design standards and style guides
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.