Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain Integrations
London / Remote /
Remote - Full-time
Chainlink Labs seeks to power smart contracts on all blockchain ecosystems. We believe in a multi-blockchain universe, where users are able to leverage the strengths of different blockchains for their particular needs.
As a senior software engineer on the Blockchain Integrations team, you will own the integrations of upcoming blockchains into the Chainlink platform, working directly and building relations with the founding engineers while gaining expertise in each new innovative ecosystem. You will be the driving force behind building this critical infrastructure for cross-chain connectivity while working with a globally distributed team. You will mentor more junior engineers, and report to the engineering lead on the team.
- Own the end to end integration of new cutting edge blockchains to the Chainlink platform to allow for the exponential growth of the network, from viability research to chain-specific node development, token bridging, deployments, monitoring, tooling, and testing
- Work directly with leadership, developers, users, and the community - integration projects are highly collaborative
- Work closely with node operators to connect their Chainlink nodes to new blockchains
- Architect and design components / service layers to sustainability scale as the number of blockchains we support grows significantly
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability and security of the product.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling a production service
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when tackling ambiguous technical challenges
- Experience in Golang, Rust, TypesScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies, as a web3 developer and/or as a backend service developer
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience contributing to the open source community
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.