Head of Talent Management and Culture
United States / Remote /
People and Talent /
Remote - Full-time
As a key leader on the People Leadership Team, this person will create and execute initiatives that maximize talent capability and leadership excellence; enabling a globally remote and inclusive environment in which everyone can fully contribute and reach their full potential to deliver on our mission.
This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing best-in-class talent strategies and programs that enhance our organization's people capabilities and performance. This person will proactively lead performance management, talent development, culture-building efforts, and overall employee experience. This role will be instrumental in driving critical pillars of Talent strategy and will report to the Chief People Officer. This is a role for someone who can think strategically, likes being hands-on, and thrives in an ever-changing startup ecosystem.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and be a part of the rapidly evolving and exciting blockchain industry. While we are open to candidates from across the globe, we strongly prefer individuals in timezones between US Pacific Time and US Eastern Time.
- Drive the creative design and implementation of talent programs (e.g., performance management, leadership development, talent architecture); present ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to HR leadership and business partners to increase the visibility of programs; assists in the development of engagement and systemically integrated strategies.
- Leads the evaluation and evolution of the Performance Management process that unlocks higher organizational performance and increases clarity of expectations, exceptional delivery of high-quality continuous feedback, and meaningful outcomes following performance conversations
- Develop measures to determine talent program effectiveness, including participation and engagement. Based on results, continuously improves programs and processes.
- Enhance and/or re-develop talent calibration and best practices, succession plans, and targeted development plans for high-potential talent that align with our talent principles and long-term business strategies.
- Design, develop and manage development initiatives to drive organizational effectiveness and individualized development to improve the depth and bench of managers and leaders.
- Collaborate with HRBPs to understand & assess development needs, perform gap analysis, design and implement development paths that build leadership and management skills and capabilities; aligned with organizational goals and strategy - including but not limited to assessments, coaching, group and team coaching, mentorship, etc.
- Lead efforts to create a career philosophy and portfolio of experiences so that employees can grow, develop and have new opportunities to gain exposure, capabilities, and expertise.
- Build strong relationships and communicate with business leaders to align the business strategy and organizational needs with the appropriate leadership development and change management solutions
- Partner to help implement initiatives and programs to help foster a diverse and inclusive workplace such as mentoring, sponsorship, unconscious bias, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring industry innovations. This includes philosophy, process, and mechanisms (tools and resources).
What we are looking for
- 10+ years’ experience in HR roles focusing on Talent Development, Organizational Development, Workforce Planning or Learning & Development
- Proven success in working cross-functionally and vertically with Senior Leaders to influence and to motivate change, aligning people strategy with business goals and growth
- Deep knowledge of HR practices including organization design, compensation, performance management, organizational change, relationship building, etc.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to implementing and improving people programs and processes to support the business.
- Strong understanding of leading research, practices, and innovations in Talent Management, plus the strengths and drawbacks of market practices
- A creative and clear thinker that develops solutions focused on the future of work and dynamic needs a culture, and its people
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), able to create a story using data and research
- Genuine interest in the blockchain industry and a strong interest in learning and develop knowledge surrounding cryptocurrency data and analytics
- Hold a flexible approach to working in a startup environment
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.