DevOps Engineer - APAC
Singapore / Remote /
Remote - Full-time
The infrastructure team enables Chainlink development and maintains services that support the health of the most widely-adopted oracle network in the world. As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us build the Chainlink infrastructure with GCP, ensure reliable work of internal and customer-facing services, and empower the entire engineering organization to do their best work.
This job would be perfect for someone who has a strong operations background and would eventually like to grow into an SRE role. The infrastructure team is expanding, and you would have plenty of opportunities to build up your skillset in different areas.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. In the Infrastructure team, we follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on call some of the time, but there should not be any overnight shifts.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Deploy new data and blockchain services, figure out how to increase developer velocity and eliminate pain points.
- Plan and Implement CI/CD best practices
- Monitor and maintain data pipelines and blockchain nodes in production environment
- Manage data platforms using the latest DevOps and DataOps automated CI/CD deployment processes
- Maintain PostgreSQL clusters
- Establish backup, reliability and disaster recovery strategy for data services
- Experience with CI/CD. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used tools like GitHub Actions, CircleCI, TravisCI, or Jenkins to achieve that.
- Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with monitoring solutions and central logging
- Experience with Big Query, DataFlow, Cloud Composer, Pentaho, DataProc, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or similar services is a plus
- Kubernetes is a plus
- AWS Cloud Formation, ARM Templates or similar used to deploy/launch services on cloud is a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining DataProjects, you understand how data pipelines operate and what are the typical SLAs involved
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews.
- Production Support Experience
- Shell, powershell, linux
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience running blockchain full nodes would give you a considerable advantage in this role.
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a similarly big plus.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview.
- We are giving slight preference to candidates who live in the UTC to UTC+8 range due to our on-call schedule for this particular opening.
Some of the tools and services we use daily or almost daily are:
GCP; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
We expect you to be comfortable with most of those tools and proficient in at least a couple of them.
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.