Software Engineer, Data Streams
London / Remote
Remote - Full-time
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
As a software engineer on the Data Streams team, you’ll collaborate with an experienced technical team of other engineers, distributed systems computing experts, and security experts, who are all committed to building a world-changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level, with a focus on Data Feeds. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future.
- Designing and implementing new features within the Data Streams product space, such as trust minimized off-chain computation & the aggregation of external data in various blockchain environments, and many more problems
- Learn more about the underlying technology in the blockchain ecosystem (Solana, Avalanche, Polygon, and Ethereum).
- Build our core products with Smart Contracts using Solidity.
- Partner with the research team to build products that are practical and easy to use
- Think creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Managing the architectural vision for new subsystems in the core Chainlink node
- Implementing resilient distributed systems to achieve extremely high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals and systems design concepts
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Experience building distributed systems and low-latency systems
- Interest in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or related technical field
- Experience in Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
Golang, Solidity, TypeScript, Rust, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants