United States / Remote
Remote - Full-time
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to own and drive important high-level design and architecture across our distributed platform. As a Principal Engineer, you will collaborate actively with our product leaders and leadership team to understand high-level product needs over an extended timeframe, map out platform services, make framework decisions, and have influence across the entire Chainlink stack to drive massive impact in the blockchain industry.
- Architect our next-generation platform to extend our node from delivering external data and on-chain services to enabling trust-minimized distributed computation for a wide variety of smart contract applications.
- Architect and design components/service layers to sustainability scale as the number of blockchains integrations we support grows significantly.
- Work directly with leadership to take into account all product vectors and define our high-level technical roadmap to scale across multiple dimensions of blockchain integrations, applications, payment flexibility, and engineering operations as we grow.
- Collaborate with engineers, technical leaders and product managers across multiple teams to achieve consensus for technical decisions, concepts and guidelines.
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability/security of the product through coaching and utilization of frameworks, etc.
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment.
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling multiple production services, components and infrastructure.
- Successful experience collaborating with a team to support production services over multiple years as they evolved to scale with user demand and challenges.
- Deep knowledge of programming languages, tools and frameworks required to successfully build and deploy production services, with prior experience selecting these tools and frameworks.
- Experience owning multiple, months-long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners.
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants