Senior Software Engineer, Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol
Toronto / Remote / Buenos Aires / Remote / Ciudad de México / Remote / Madrid / Remote / Warsaw / Remote / Lisbon / Remote / London / Remote / São Paulo / Remote / Bogotá / Remote
Remote - Full-time /
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
As a software engineer working on Chainlink, you’ll collaborate with an experienced technical team of other senior engineers, distributed systems computing experts, and security experts, who are all committed to building world-changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level.
As an engineer working on CCIP, you will help build an open-sourced standard for developers to quickly build secure cross-chain services and applications. With a universal messaging interface, smart contracts can communicate across multiple blockchain networks, eliminating the need for developers to write custom code for building chain-specific integrations. CCIP opens up a new category of Web3.0 applications that can be built by developers for a multi-chain ecosystem.
- Designing and implementing new features within the CCIP product and contributing towards bringing Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol into production
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Build automation to manage and deploy smart contracts and other required tooling to manage the production releases
- Build Network Health Monitoring ie, funnel data to Observability, collect valuable metrics, and set up alerts/dashboards
- Strong interest in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers, and Technical Leads are encouraged to apply)
- Expert-level experience with Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language
- Experience developing web applications/services and backend APIs
- Experience with building distributed systems and understanding of system design concepts
- Experience with test-driven development and use of testing frameworks
- Experience with observability (setting up data pipelines, alerts, and dashboards)
- Excellent debugging skills with attention to detail and ability to write the scripts as required
- Experience with Solidity (big plus)
- Comfort and/or experience working as a remote employee as a part of a distributed team
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Preferred B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants