Strategic Finance Manager
United States / Remote
Remote - Full-time /
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Finance Team
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
About the Role
Chainlink Labs is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Strategic Finance Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Strategic Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in assessing the financial viability and commercial risks of Chainlink products and services as well as its effect on the overall ecosystem. Your expertise will be instrumental in collaborating with various teams to develop innovative financial solutions and drive strategic decision-making.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of blockchain technology, various financial products, risk management, and possess a broad knowledge base across economics, portfolio theory, derivatives, treasury operations, accounting and tax
Objectives of this Role
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Chainlink products via partnering with GTM / Product / BizOps and providing tangible value in assessing commercial viability & financial risks in each respective areas (Pricing & Deal Structuring, Product Design, Commercial Viability Modeling & Ecosystem Economics)
- Become a thought leader on the latest trends in Blockchain financial products and its effects on Chainlink products and ecosystem by partnering with Portfolio Management, Treasury and GTM
- Become a “connective tissue” within Finance (FP&A, Controllership, Tax and Treasury) and BizOps/ Product / GTM to understand and solve complex cross-functional problems
Skills & Qualifications
- Deep understanding and interest in Blockchain financial products, including how it actually works from the financial theory standpoint
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand unique problems and find creative solutions
- Good understanding of a vast variety of subjects (Economics, Modern Portfolio Theory, Derivatives, Econometrics, Treasury Operations, Accounting, Tax) and ability to ask the right questions and steer subject matter experts to the right outcomes
- Deep understanding of risk management, both from the product / financial instrument risk management and enterprise risk management standpoint
- Prior experience working on complex and novel cross-functional problems with GTM, Product, Finance and BizOps with demonstrated measurable success
- “Roll up the sleeves” attitude with no problem being too small to solve
- Located within AMERS time zones (preferably ET)
- Data Science and Coding (Python) experience
- Quantitative Finance / Econometrics background
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants