San Francisco, CA, USA or Brooklyn, NY, USA /
Operations – Business Operations /
Fixed Term Employee - FT
Change.org is searching for an Analyst (fixed term - 6 months) to help us deliver support and guide decision making across our Product and Campaigns Teams.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 80m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, 150 staff, and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We’re growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change once every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India.
We are looking for an Analyst who is great at delivering analysis, building beautiful reports, writing SQL at scale, and has a passion for expanding our platform to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to take deeper civic action. You will report to our Director of Analytics.
As a key member of our Strategy & Analytics team you’ll:
- Work closely with the Director of Analytics to help campaigns and product teams make data-driven, strategic, decisions
- Build high quality dashboards that are used across the organization to monitor key business performance and team specific results.
- Participate in our weekly “office hours” to support colleagues from all around the world on their analytics questions.
- Perform end-to-end complex analysis from discovery to execution and delivery, in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
You’re a perfect fit for this role if your superpowers are a passion for learning, a roll-up your sleeves attitude, creative problem solving, and excellent SQL skills.
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- 2+ experience in Analytics, Marketing, Product, or Strategy, ideally in a consumer facing internet platform.
- Excellent at writing performant and clean SQL (any kind with a preference for Redshift SQL or PostgreSQL).
- Comfortable with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets). Pivot Tables, Index Match, and Maxifs should be no secret to you!
- Structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong and open communication and collaboration. We work in a fast-paced, remote, environment where constant communication and collaboration is key.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Interest or experience in activism and social change.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a 6 month fixed-term role based either in Brooklyn, NY or San Francisco, CA (once our offices open up). Currently, due to Covid, all of our employees globally are working remotely through at least September 2020, and we will re-evaluate this over the summer. Since this role is fixed-term, we are not currently able to consider candidates who require sponsorship to legally work in the U.S.
We are accepting applications until June 1, 2020.
We are moving quickly on this role, and you should expect the process to look like this, if your application is accepted:
- Take home assignment to evaluate technical competencies (~1 hour)
- Zoom interview with the Director of Analytics
- “Onsite” Zoom interview with senior analysts and product managers
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.