San Francisco, CA, USA or Victoria, BC, Canada
With over 240 million users in 196 countries, Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. Our team spans 18 countries and empowers hundreds of millions of people to have a voice and fight injustice. We’re a social impact business, and we’re aiming to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our high-impact and collaborative Analytics & Product Insights team. The Senior Analyst will directly report to the Director of Analytics.
Our team works directly with stakeholders across the organisation (product teams, engineers, campaigners, email and membership managers, executive team) to empower them to make data-driven decision, and elevate key strategic insights that directly impact their initiatives.
These teams rely on us for their data needs, through quick “office hours” questions or bigger deep dives, dashboards, analytics training and consulting, and analytics insights or research to solve a variety of issues including features optimisation, experiments analyses, user engagement initiatives, understanding users, and several others.
Being part of this team gives unique exposure to all aspects of Change.org, visibility among staff, and provides great opportunities for challenging, rewarding, and high-impact work.
This is a unique opportunity to be the third member of a team, participate on shaping best practices, and make a true impact!
As a member of our team you will:
- Work closely with product managers to help them analyse experiments and features, identify upsides and advise on features tracking requirements
- Build high-quality, reliable dashboards that are used across the organisation to monitor key business performance and team specific results
- Frequently build performant ETL queries that take data across multiple sources to aggregate it for ease of reporting and to power dashboards
- Participate into our weekly “Office Hours” event where colleagues from across the company come with analytics questions of all kinds.
- Concisely and effectively communicate the outcomes of analyses to share insights broadly with the rest of the company
- Train colleagues on analytics and querying best practices.
- You have 3+ years experience as an analyst in a high-tech or startup environment, or are a Product Manager with extensive analytics experience.
- You have advanced SQL skills with proven ability to write complex queries and manipulate large data sets
- You have a strong track record of end-to-end analysis: analysing data with tools like spreadsheets, identifying key insights, and communicating your recommendations.
- You can independently execute on large projects and work closely with business partners from various teams and backgrounds
- You are a strong communicator, written and verbal
- You have excellent attention to detail, and take pride in delivering high quality work.
Nice to have:
- You are proactive and a self-starter; you take initiative and have a knack for identifying opportunities
- Bachelor in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, or MBA
- Experience working at consumer facing Internet platforms
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity.
- This position is available in San Francisco, CA, USA or Victoria, B.C, Canada
- We’re looking for someone as soon as possible!
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started, and we hope you’ll join us.