Senior Product Manager, Growth
San Francisco, USA /
Product – Product Management /
Employee - FT
Change.org is searching for a Senior Product Manager, Growth to lead our efforts to help passionate potential activists find and choose Change.org as their tool for change.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 80m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, 150 staff, and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We’re growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change once every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India.
We are looking for a Senior Growth Product Manager who is great at understanding user problems, roadmapping and product execution at scale, and has a passion for expanding our platform to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to take deeper civic action.
You will be based out of our San Francisco headquarters and report to the Product Director, Petition Starters. As a key member of our Starter Pack, you’ll own 1-2 product areas and work collaboratively with a team of designers, engineers and marketers.
- Lead major product or growth initiatives for the supply side of the Change.org marketplace. You will turn ambiguous problems and big ideas into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research.
- Become an authority on Change.org’s growth engine. You’ll identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Define, understand, and improve key growth loops and metrics. You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Execute successful experiments that move the needle for key growth metrics.
- Establish a testing and experimentation process that consistently yields results.
- Increase key growth metrics meaningfully through new product features or optimizations of existing product growth loops.
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Strategic Impact: You’re able to deliver significant, measurable results for 1-2 product areas. You develop and socialize a vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product areas. Have a strong overall product judgment so you can ideate, build and execute growth solutions that solve complex product problems. Success in this skill is demonstrated by the ability to deliver outsized impact within a product’s scope.
- Analytic Sense: You’re able to use qualitative and quantitative information to frame the right questions, evaluate multiple facets of a problem, derive solutions and simulate possible outcomes. Being good with data is not the only driver for being sound from an analytics perspective – you have to think critically beyond the numbers. You lead on product discovery to valuable and feasible solutions. Ability to think outside of the box for solving problems and determining new ways of meeting a user’s needs.
- Execution: You are a strong risk-manager, advocate for best practices in agile development and propose process refinements. You have an exceptional ability to coordinate with stakeholders. Ability to independently move quickly and diligently towards a product growth goal, and effectively pivot when needed.
- Leadership: You have the ability to align people around you to deliver positive impacts with your product area. You mentor others, communicate clearly and effectively and help others navigate ambiguity.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years of Growth Product Management experience (inclusive or additional)
- B2C/consumer technology product experience at scale
- Strong preference for Marketplace Product Management
Nice-to-have, but not required:
- Tactical expertise with advocacy and/or social change organizations and impact
- Expertise in content development, website production and/or search engine optimization
- Expertise in driving results through earned, owned, and paid marketing channels
It’s rare that a candidate has a ‘perfect’ set of relevant experiences, we do not expect this, and all candidates are encouraged to apply, even if you are missing some of the items in the list above.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. Currently, due to Covid, all of our employees globally are working remotely through at least September 2020, and we will re-evaluate this over the summer.
We are accepting applications until Aug 24.
We are aiming to move quickly on this role and if you’re selected to move to the next round you can expect the process to look like this:
- Prescreen with our recruiter (30 min)
- Initial screen with our hiring manager (1 hour)
- Take home assignment (3 hours, anonymously graded)
- “Onsite” interviews via video (~5 hours)
- Final interview with Director of Product or VP, Product Management (1 hour)
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.