Lead Product Manager
Paris, France /
Product – Product Management /
Employee - FT
Change.org is searching for a product leader for our Paris office to help us build a new generation of social action and civic engagement tools.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 85m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, 150 staff, and a mission-aligned revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We’re profitable, growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change almost every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India.
In France, Change.org petitions have been at the centre of some of the biggest recent social movements. The Giles Jaunes movement, the fight to free Jacqueline Sauvage, and backlash against Loi Travail were all started and lead by petitions on Change.org.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re building a product and engineering office in Paris, working alongside a team of 8 campaigners and media specialists who work with senior government and corporate leaders, and support French petitions every day. Paris is our first product development team outside of North America, and we’re looking to grow it over time. We have hired multiple senior folks across engineering and design and are looking for a seasoned product manager to round out the team.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Identify opportunities: Dig through data, talk to users, look at competitors, talk to our own team, and look at big picture trends in consumer web. Use all these to identify opportunities that grow our users’ impact, grow our engaged audience, increase our sustainability and deliver value to users.
- Set direction: Collaborate with leadership, engineers, designers and campaigners to build and set a longer term product direction that we’re working towards, with clear goals and measurements of success.
- Scope features: Turn ideas and direction into ruthlessly prioritized and tightly scoped features that can be built fast and iterated on. Work with engineering and design to assess upside, analyze cost, and always have a plan for what the next big swing will be.
- Lead implementation: Shepherd features through the full implementation lifecycle. Identify and break through roadblocks, ensure timely coordination with and communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze results: Dig into quantitative and qualitative data to understand how users engage with a feature or product. Pull out relevant insights. Use your judgment and data to decide on next steps.
- Learn, iterate, improve: Build and manage your team’s process such that you’re always learning, always improving efficiency, and regularly releasing high impact, delightful features. Teach, mentor, and share best practices to help team members grow and continuously elevate the overall team.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in software product management, with at least 2 years experience managing consumer internet products.
- Proven product sense: You have the ability to make high-quality product decisions and manage ambiguity and uncertainty. You’re comfortable making decisions ranging from roadmap all the way down to user interface details.
- Strong analytical sense: You use quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate problems and derive solutions. You know how to create simple models in order to forecast the impact of features.
- Results-oriented and love execution: You’re able to align people toward an objective and orchestrating complex projects, and great at communicating and collaborating with cross functional partners.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Writing and understanding basic SQL.
- Experience using the OKR process for setting goals.
- Experience working with teams based in North America.
- Experience working on global products with millions of daily active users.
- Experience on social impact or nonprofit products.
- Experience working on marketplace products.
- Experience with SEM, SEO.
- Experience with growth marketing and AB testing.
- Proficient in spoken French.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full-time role based in Paris, France. Change.org is a global organization and uses English to communicate across all of our teams. It is a requirement to be highly proficient in spoken and written English. Please submit your application in English.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.