Senior Software Engineer (Foundation)
Engineering – Engineering
Employee - FT
The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. With staff teams in 10 countries, 95 million users, a growing base of user-generated revenue, and thousands of campaign victories every year, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
Today, we have 18 offices around the world working to enable local changes. As we grow and expand our operations, we are facing an exciting challenge of scaling our payment platform globally – that means dealing with local payment methods & payment providers.
A Senior Software Engineer at Change.org Foundation is someone who can work effectively at scale, manages their own priorities and makes appropriate progress with minimal supervision. Typically, Senior Software Engineers have 4-5 years of relevant engineering experience beyond coding such as monitoring, integration testing and production support.
You’ll be working in the vibrant downtown district of Victoria, BC - one of the most beautiful cities in Canada, while knowing that your impact will be helping to make the world a better place.
This one-of-a-kind opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to lead development for integrating our payment platform with all countries to provide a seamless and engaging user experience.
What you will do:
- Features delivery - work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from Front-end to Infrastructure as code
- Integrate our Payment Platform with local payment gateways to address local markets
- Build a global and seamless user experience for all countries
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive best engineering practices
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
Required skills & experience:
- Experience in leading, designing and building scalable and distributed systems
- Confident with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the webstack, from frontend to backend including Node.JS & AWS or Ruby/Rails
- Knowledge of Payment gateways such as Stripe, Braintree & Paypal
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Event-Driven architecture
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with infrastructure tools like Puppet, Chef or Terraform
This is a full time opportunity based in Victoria, BC.
Candidate must be a self starter, committed to our mission and excited to join an ambitious, fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users.
We love serving our users and we love our staff too. We show it through competitive salaries, a generous PTO policy, robust parental leave, and an amazing culture where you'll work alongside some of the world's leading campaign and communications experts.
The Change.org Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We hope you’ll join us.