Tallinn, Estonia /
Risk and Compliance /
Who are we
We believe the world would fundamentally be a better place if everybody invested. We’re on a mission to enable everyone to take part in the world’s success by making investing simple, affordable and accessible.
Change is quickly emerging as one of the leading investment apps in Europe. Cryptoassets, derivatives, and startup investments together with VISA debit cards and many more investing opportunities to follow this year put us in a position to change the financial future of millions of people.
Our Risk and Compliance Team
Trust and security are one of the most important criteria for people when choosing the service providers to take care of their hard-earned money. Our goal is to be the safest and most trustworthy investment service provider in the European market. This goes far beyond just complying with current rules and regulations - we are heavily involved in the cryptoasset and modern investment services legislative process not just in Estonia but on European level, by helping policymakers to design the future standards. On national level we're also members of important industry associations like FinanceEstonia and Estonian Cryptocurrency Association.
We are looking for an ambitious and solution-oriented Compliance Specialist who shall ensure that our activities are lawful and in the best interests of our customers. You would have a rare chance to join as one of the first team members supporting our Head of Risk and Compliance Officer and directly counselling the team to develop outstanding financial products. You will take responsibility and grasp various legal areas in the financial industry from contract law, AML/CFT to payment and investments services, as well as the intertwined GDPR.
What's in it for you
- Join one of the most modern investment service providers in Europe;
- Be part of the early team of a rapidly scaling FinTech;
- Work with the best of the best in the industry both your own team as well as our legal counsels;
- Be in charge of your rapid career growth as the team will be expanding a lot in the near future;
- Contribute to the development of new European financial standards and regulations;
- Build a billion euro company.
What you'll be doing in general
- Analysing various laws, regulations and relevant guidelines, including amendments, to ensure that the current and future products and processes of Change are according to the highest standards;
- Identifying the amendments in laws and regulations to ensure that these are proactively implemented and taken into account in business decisions;
- Complying, reviewing and amending internal rulebook of Change, and ensuring this is understood and adhered to by the whole team;
- Assessing the adequacy and efficiency of existing processes and rules of procedure, and making recommendations how to improve them;
- Preparing and reviewing contracts with our Customers and our business partners;
- Counselling our Management and Product Team to develop new business ideas, products and services.
What you'll be doing in more specifics
- Applying and enforcing the procedures and measures stipulated in the AML/CFT rules of procedure and conducting compliance audits;
- Counselling business and Customer Agents in the KYC processes and due diligence activities, including conducting trainings;
- Transaction screening and monitoring, including analysing cryptoasset and card transactions, and reporting of any suspicious activity to the Compliance Officer;
- Ensuring compliance of the processes and procedures of Change with GDPR and other relevant requirements concerning the protection of personal data;
- Educating the team about various topics from the internal rulebook;
- Supervisory reporting, including to the national FIUs and DPAs.
What we're looking for
- An eye for detail and you like to have an in depth understanding of your field;
- Boldness to share your opinion, decisiveness and not hesitating to take responsibility;
- Openness to new challenges and a quick learner;
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, economics, math or science obtained or to be finished soon (part-time possible until then);
- Interest in the financial industry, especially its regulatory and control side;
- Excellent Estonian and English skills.
What we offer
- Stock package as you’re early to join;
- Competitive salary + many perks and benefits;
- An ambitious and inspiring team of 14 nationalities;
- Awesome office in Tallinn city center.
We can't wait to hear from you. Apply now!