Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. The Cloud Systems Administrator will be responsible for the administration, configuration, and development of key internal systems, most notably Salesforce and Fluxx. You will manage an organization-wide Salesforce roll-out and facilitate the operational needs of our internal teams. Further, you will lead the continuous improvement of these systems by partnering with program teams to identify opportunities for improvement, managing external vendors to continuously refine the systems, and designing processes & practices to seamlessly embed the systems in teams’ workflows. You will constantly be solving for tomorrow’s needs to ensure we’re designing our systems for scale and flexibility, drawing on your critical thinking skills and experience using these systems at other organization(s).
- Administration, configuration and continuous development of key internal systems, most notably Salesforce (for CRM and grants/investment management functionality), Fluxx, as well as 3rd party Application licenses
- Analyze, optimize and document Salesforce-related workflows and processes
- Implement best practices with regard to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, and backups
- Work with program teams to define and prioritize their system needs around business goals, strategic objectives, and known best practices
- Manage projects with external vendors for continued configuration of new and existing infrastructure of our systems; ensure well-designed and negotiated SOWs as well as on-time, on-budget delivery of deliverables
- Perform data imports, fulfill ad hoc data requests, data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing accounts and contacts
- Provide in-person training and technical support to team members; develop best practice guides, tips, and systems for team members
- Salesforce Certified Admin strongly preferred, other SF certifications desired
- 4+ years professional experience
- Strong project management skills, especially with external vendors; ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment; track record of producing high-quality deliverables on time
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce (for both CRM and investment/grants management functionality), with the ability to quickly learn new systems and become the in-house expert
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of team members with differing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate time and resource constraints
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills; excellent attention to detail
- Sense of humor with a can-do spirit
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve.
To learn more, visit ourFacebook page.