Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
As a member of the CZI Legal Team, you will work closely with our Legal Counsel to provide important legal resources to our program and operations staff. There will be an opportunity to directly contribute to the CZI’s success by implementing and maintaining key compliance programs and developing processes used across the organization. We are looking for someone who can meaningfully contribute to the CZI compliance program, contracts processes, and learning culture. A positive attitude and a willingness to adapt to a continuously evolving workplace will be important traits for this role.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to build a contracts management system, including the approval workflow and integration of multiple templates
- Support staff in contract drafting, conducting initial reviews to identify potential legal risks, coordinating document execution, and maintaining up-to-date archives
- Migrate existing contract and grant documents to Salesforce
- Manage annual employee compliance programs, including conflicts and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Conduct research on legal issues and maintain library of legal resources and precedent documents
- Maintain corporate governance files for multiple entities
- Support legal counsel, as requested
- 5+ years experience as a paralegal or legal assistant with similar responsibilities
- Experience working with contracts and other corporate legal documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Project management experience demonstrating the ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Highly detail-oriented
- Process and operations-driven mindset
- Experience working with databases, spreadsheets, and technology related to legal processes (preference for familiarity with Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.