UX Research (Science)
Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. As our UX researcher for Science, you will be embedded with the product team building technology that accelerates collaboration and knowledge sharing among scientists and researchers. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Help the Product organization better understand the attitudes and behaviors of scientists and researchers
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and design on research that informs direction and development
- Gather and convey insights in clear, illustrative ways that validate hypotheses, inspire new ideas, and encourage design iteration
- Run UI & usability research for new products to inform what products are launched
- Adapt the optimal approach to qualitative user research based product goals, timelines, and our fast-growing Technology team
- Build a library of insights over time for the organization to continually reference
- B.A / B.S in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Computer Science (or similar), or related field
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience in varied methods of research, both qualitative (e.g. interviews, diary & usability studies) and quantitative (e.g. surveys)
- Strong communication skills among cross-functional teams and leadership, as well as analytical thinking
- Proficiency in asking and answering the right questions to tell clear stories about customers
- Prior experience working with scientists, researchers, biotechnologists preferred
- You thrive in fast-paced, growing organizations
- You are passionate about gaining insight into the needs of the user, especially in science and research
About the Chan Zuckerberg InitiativeThe Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit ourFacebook page.