Program Manager - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups -- women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is seeking a talented professional to develop and manage our diversity, inclusion and equity projects. The Project Manager role at CZI is an opportunity for a seasoned operator to manage complex initiatives at a fast paced and innovative philanthropic organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented and fast growing cross-functional team.
- Manage projects that seek to expand CZI’s diversity, inclusion and equity capacity
- Coordinate and help lead cross-functional team members to support execution of complex initiatives
- Develop and maintain project plans, trackers, and other documentation.
- Lead cross-functional team meetings and executive-level reviews to share project status and reach critical decisions
- Distill complex problems into clear recommendations substantiated by independent research and analysis
- Create and apply structured frameworks to evaluate programmatic decisions
- Manage partnerships in coordination with program leader
- Demonstrated passion for promoting diversity and equal opportunity
- 3+ years experience in a project management or closely-related role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience managing without authority
- Technologically proficient, particularly with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Comfort with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit ourFacebook page.