Palo Alto, CA
As a Security Engineer, you will plan, design and validate information security in support of our education, science and political advocacy initiatives.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Design core, backend software security-related components
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Conduct regular security assessments
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience ensuring security and privacy on the internet
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers a plus
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. We make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.