Product Designer, Meta - Science
Palo Alto, CA
In January 2017, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative acquired Meta, a tool that helps researchers understand what is happening globally in science and shows them where science is headed. Meta uses artificial intelligence to read the world’s scientific papers, understand what is in them, and deliver their insights to researchers in real time. This information can help researchers and experts make faster progress in all areas of science to accelerate medical advances. We are seeking an experienced product designer to join the Meta team and help the team bring an intuitive, delightful and valuable experience to the scientific discovery.
- Partner closely with product management, engineering, data science, UX research and experts in science
- Translate broad, conceptual ideas into useful and valuable product experiences
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to assess the impact of your designs
- Bring holistic view of Meta as a product Design interactions and experiences that are straightforward and effective
- Give feedback to and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Develop new scalable components and visual assets for design systems and facilitate contributions by other designers
- Set the standard for visual quality and rigor in our design system; identify opportunities for brand expression and delightful user experiences
- 3-5+ years as a product designer, ideally with interaction and visual design experience working on top of complex, ranked data
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design (or similar UX/UI design) with URL featuring examples of design work
- Comfort integrating qualitative and quantitative data to pragmatically learn and iterate towards high-impact product ideas
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain rationale for product design recommendations
- Experience in the process of building and shipping applications or software
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people preferred (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Demonstrated mastery of typography, grid systems, color theory, and other aspects of visual design with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex, social product, and to clearly explain reasons for new features and changes
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals
- Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and color
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions
- Experience with effective A/B testing is a plus.
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. We make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.