UI/UX Design Lead
Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and designs new ways of mining vast quantities of data and modeling populations for our work in political advocacy. As our UI/UX Design Lead, you will create application and data visualization interfaces for science, education and political advocacy applications. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and effective
- Develop high-level strategic decisions on products
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, researchers, and experts in education and science to conceive and iterate on the user experience of products
- 3+ years of application design, visual design, and interaction design
- Experience with end-to-end (UX and UI) product design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Must have URL featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people preferred (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.