Product Manager - Advocacy
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. As a Product Manager at CZI, you will work with engineers and designers to build products in the Advocacy & Civic Engagement space. We are building technology to help advance advocacy efforts on critical issues and enable the public to more effectively engage on issues that matter to them.
This position is based full-time in our Palo Alto, CA office.
- Continuously work with our potential users - advocacy organizations and engaged members of the public - to understand the problems they are trying to solve
- Be a subject matter expert on existing advocacy and civic engagement products
- Work with our internal team to ensure their insights contribute to product decisions
- Build product roadmaps and own the product life-cycle
- Create and manage product backlog, including prioritization and management of user stories
- Drive the day-to-day product development schedule from vision through to launch
- Make decisions based on a balance of qualitative and quantitative data by testing, measuring and analyzing
- Monitor the execution and quality of projects and provide project progress to stakeholders
- Communicate new product functionality to internal and external customers
- Act as a liaison between our Policy & Advocacy team and our Technology team to ensure our products are advancing CZI’s mission
- 5+ years of experience in software product management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
- Experience building products through a user-centered design process, including conducting user research, designing user interface wireframes and mockups, and testing prototypes
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions and measure success
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts with technical team members
- An analytical, meticulous and detail-obsessed mindset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Background in civic technology working with political and advocacy organizations
- Experience working with digital marketing and advertising platforms
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.