Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. As a DevOps Engineer, you will design, build and operate automation in support of our education, science and political advocacy initiatives. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Manage and automate our builds and deployments
- Own, manage and improve our release process
- Support, build and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management and other services to improve developer productivity
- Manage all site operations
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
- Extensive knowledge in Linux/Unix administration
- Experience automating release and build processes
- Experience with build management tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.