Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
We are seeking an IT Manager to serve as the liaison between business and technology and take over the day-to-day oversight of all IT infrastructure and operations. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a scalable IT strategy as CZI continues to grow. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience with cloud-based collaboration systems, vendor relationship management, business analysis, and will have a well-document background in all aspects of IT infrastructure and operations.
This is a full-time role based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Define and manage the roadmap, requirements, and budgeting of the company's network infrastructure and cloud-based tools, to enable appropriate technology decisions that will build the foundation for the company's rapid growth
- Partner with the Facilities and Operations teams in several multi-year office expansion and build out projects including potential acquisition integration initiatives
- Establish strong working relationships with business units, engineering teams, and other user communities to drive continuous improvement of IT user satisfaction, tools and documentation
- Implement metrics-driven, security-focused and efficient operational processes resulting in a high-availability, high-performance, secure environment
- Development of a comprehensive Information Security Program to include Policies/Procedures/Standards, Awareness Training, security personnel structuring and responsibilities, as well as SecOps infrastructure, Risk Assessments, and ongoing maintenance/enforcement
- 7+ years of relevant experience preferably in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of directly managing and developing teams
- Well-documented and proven experience in leveraging a high number of technology suppliers and vendor relationships (Physical Security, SecOps, VAR, MSP, Telecommunications, A/V, Tools including ERP/CRM, etc.)
- Proven leadership-level experience in deploying and managing cloud-based collaboration systems including but not limited to SFDC, Asana, ZenDesk, and Concur as well as proven experience in working in API integration across these tool sets
- Strong working knowledge in Security and Risk Management including SecOps vendors, appliances, and tool sets such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, security awareness training and process management
- Able to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment. No egos.
- Passionate about our mission and motivated to advance human potential and promote equality
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equality. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.