Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups -- women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
We are looking for a highly motivated Office Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is a forward-thinking problem solver, and is passionate about fostering our tight-knit and collaborative company culture. We are looking for a reliable, service-oriented individual who is committed to providing exceptional service while supplying information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
- Manage and coordinate all incoming facilities requests and delegate or escalate as needed
- Liaise with Property Manager for issues related to the building
- Onboard and manage miscellaneous vendors that handle regular service (office supplies, F&B, First Aid/AED, janitors)
- Coordinate SOW and scheduling with vendors that handle unscheduled maintenance of office (HVAC, Electrician, Security, FLS)
- Manage the scheduling of any/all on-site work and events
- Update internal Facilities calendar and communicate to company when needed
- Work with HR, IT and the Facilities Site Support team to manage the Facilities portion of new hire setups (seating chart, badges, tour, AV training, etc.)
- Independently coordinate and manage all employee moves within our Palo Alto site
- Coordinate on-site events with appropriate stakeholders, ranging from onboarding sessions to program-related convening
- Develop processes & procedures to create an enjoyable and productive workplace for our fast-growing and diverse team
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, with 2 years specifically in office management
- Experience working in a high growth environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google suite products, and the ability to learn new tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.