Palo Alto, CA
We are advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and designs new ways of mining vast quantities of data and modeling populations for our work in political advocacy. You will be critical in building out this unique team.
As CZI’s first Technical Recruiter, we will look to you to create engineering recruiting best practices, diversity hiring strategies, employer branding, and an exceptional candidate experience. You’ll have the chance to work with recognized and respected leaders within education, science, and public policy. As a talent acquisition expert, you’ll advise us on the candidate market, and use data such as quality of hire to make recommendations and determine best hiring tactics.
- Hire mission-driven, quality candidates and meet our headcount goals
- Maintain a high offer acceptance rate through a deep understanding of each requisition and by providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Partner closely with leaders to develop hiring plans for their technical openings and advise on organization planning
- Develop a technical recruiting process that effectively identifies top talent and provides a positive candidate experience
- Use market data to source strategically
- Analyze hiring data in order to make recommendations on compensation, sources of applicants and hires, interviewing techniques, etc
- Develop employer branding campaigns and channels to effectively communicate our mission and culture to the technical community
- Build and maintain a university recruiting program to attract and hire exceptional engineering interns
- Implement a diverse technical hiring strategy in partnership with executive management
- Proven track record of success as a full-cycle Technical Recruiter (5+ years experience in recruiting) including meeting headcount goals, strong offer acceptance rates, outbound sourcing that yields results, and building strong relationships with hiring teams
- Advanced understanding of technical concepts and the ability to evaluate candidates to understand their technical experience
- Versatile: Experience hiring for a variety of functions and filling leadership roles
- Strategic: Experience building recruiting workflows, processes, or programs
- Analytical: Experience using data to make decisions that have a positive impact on hiring
- Scrappy: We are a small organization so you’ll wear many different hats and sometimes work with minimal resources
- Empathetic: You care about and understand the importance of diversity. You are obsessed with candidates having a high-touch experience.
- Humble: We have a ton to learn from you and you can learn a lot from us too. No job is beneath us in our organization.
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equality. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.