Product Manager, Growth - Education
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups -- women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
To support this mission, our Education Technology team builds products to support educators and help students become self-directed learners and reach their full potential. As a Product Manager for Growth, you will define, plan, and launch technology to grow the adoption of personalized learning in classrooms, as well to ensure successful outcomes for schools who have adopted. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative education technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, and experts in education
- Define metrics and analyze the funnel to inform the success of products and projects
- Integrate insights from usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements
- Establish shared vision across internal teams and external partners and develop principled and tactical strategies
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of teammates and partners (internal and external)
- 5+ years product management experience driving growth for technology products
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in hypothesis-driven A/B testing to drive product changes
- Demonstrated ability to define a growth strategy based on data/research and execute effectively on that strategy
- Strong communication skills across a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.