Customer Support Manager, Teacher Success - Education
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative has partnered closely with Summit Public Schools to develop the Summit Learning Platform. The platform is developed for middle and high school (grades 6 through 12) and gives students the opportunity to reach their full potential and teachers the tools they need to meet the needs and interests of each student. You can visit the Summit Learning homepage here to learn more: http://www.summitlearning.org.
We’re looking for an experienced people manager who loves to coach and develop individuals, and who will be an energetic, passionate and strategic voice on our Product Operations team. In this role you’ll oversee our support team and ensure that we deliver high-quality, empathetic, and delightful support experiences to our users. This is a multi-faceted, fast-paced job in a start-up environment so flexibility and a strong work ethic is must. This role is full-time and based in Palo Alto, California.
- Develop strategic and operational plans to support educators, students, and parents through our short, medium, and long term growth goals
- Manage support execution and measure results: set clear key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs) for your team and ensure that they are met
- Manage support team headcount allocation on special projects for the Summit Learning Platform Team
- Establish best practices and quality assurance audits to ensure exceptional customer support
- Define metrics and implement tracking measures to ensure customer satisfaction goals are achieved
- Develop insights into how educator needs are evolving and identify opportunities for the Summit Learning Platform engineering team
- Manage and coach the support team to ensure the highest quality customer interactions
- Cultivate a professional and fun team environment that attracts and retains talent
- Build and continuously improve new hire training and employee development programs
- Become a trusted partner for the Summit Learning Platform engineering team and the Summit Learning Program team
- Develop a deep understanding of how our educator community of teachers, school leaders, parents, students, and coaches engage in authentic learning experiences through the Summit Learning Platform
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 2-4 years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- Experience coaching and leading a team
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and define operational improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Experience in customer support is preferred
- Impact experience - professionally or in meaningful volunteer roles
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.