IT Contractor (Part-Time)
As the IT Contractor at the Toronto office, you will be a critical part of this mission as we rely heavily on technology due to our distributed workforce. Your impact will be instrumental in the ways we communicate and function across the organization. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building a happy and productive team, with technology at the foundation of the business.
This is a part-time position with approximately 10 to 30 hours per week.
- OFFICE INFRASTRUCTURE:
- Co-ordinate where applicable all Chan Zuckerberg Toronto-based user requests with Palo Alto team
- Cable, install, configure and document Video Conferencing Systems to enable team collaboration
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco ASA AnyConnect VPN clients and server
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco CleanAir WiFi system and access points
- Run / fish cabling between units and from switch closet to wall drops for video conferencing and wireless access points
- Install and configure Wall Displays for Monitoring/Metrics
- Install Arlo or similar Online Security Monitoring System for the offices
- Potentially move server equipment to new unit
- Secure storage setup
- Organize and manage inventory of all software and hardware
- Implement other systems and security initiatives for Toronto team/office
- EMPLOYEE SUPPORT:
- Set up new hire hardware and software (primarily Mac), including backing up and wiping unused laptops and set up for new users
- Coordinate and ensure all access needed for the new hire is set up prior to start date
- Communicate to new users about log-in, passwords and security standards
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for new or existing employees
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a small to medium size organization
- College Diploma in Computer Networking or similar field of study from an accredited institute
- Experience working with cloud-based office tools such as google apps or office 365
- Experience working in a Mac/Linux based environment
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts such as tcp/ip, osi model etc.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.