Software Engineer, Infrastructure - Education
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative wants to provide every student, and every teacher, the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative supports and develops personalized learning experiences that are focused on and led by the learner - meeting them where they are cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. We're looking for engineers to help bring a new personalized learning platform to the globe's generation of students and help advance the potential of humanity.
- Design and build core server infrastructure
- Drive improvements in performance, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Work with product teams to determine requirements and create an effective project roadmap
- Conduct design and code reviews
- 3+ years of relevant programming experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, operating systems, server architectures, networking, cloud-based web services like AWS
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Ruby and Python
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ and/or Java
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. We make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.