Front-End Engineer - Science
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. As our Front-End Engineer, you will create application and data visualization interfaces for science, education and political advocacy applications. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Implement user interfaces to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve front-end performance and scalability issues
- Create visualization tools to explore and understand complex data
- Develop principles for data visualization for all of our interfaces and tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with multiple web clients on desktops and mobile device
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.