Executive Assistant for Education Ventures
Palo Alto, CA
We are advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. Our education venture investment team makes an impact through investing in innovative global for-profit companies transforming lifelong learning while building scalable, sustainable businesses. Our investments include Andela, AltSchool, Bridge International Academies, BYJU’s Ellevation Education, MasteryConnect, Newsela, Volley Labs, and others.
As an Executive Assistant for this team, you will support 2-3 executives in our San Francisco office two days per week, and work three days per week with the rest of the team in our Palo Alto office. In this role, you will manage administrative operations and provide administrative and personal assistant support to the executive team, including scheduling travel and meetings, and selecting and managing core workflow services, among other duties. You will act as a liaison and representative for the Initiative and have the opportunity to work with respected and recognized leaders within the education industry.
- Managing existing systems and creating new ones to keep the team organized including maintaining systems of communication, calendar scheduling, filing, prioritizing incoming information and requests, and maintaining contact/correspondence records
- Scheduling and trip management--securing vital meetings, preparing materials, arranging travel and organizing logistics both in advance and with last minute changes
- Managing expense reporting, tracking and processing consultant contracts and invoices and providing communications support
- Taking the lead in managing the office space for the staff, including managing leasing agreements, phone/internet/other telecommunications, technology, office furniture and equipment, and vendor relationships
- Other tasks as requested, including but not limited to HR, finance, event planning, project support and grantmaking-related work
- BA or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant, with a preference for EA experience in investment or services firms, such as venture capital, private equity, consulting, or investment banking
- Commitment to the Initiative’s mission and focus
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media
- Excellent time management skills - ability to manage a great deal of information, tasks, and relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people, specifically the ability to form relationships without much direct face-time
- Self-starter comfortable independently managing multiple projects
- Patience, flexibility and adaptability - ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs
- Strong writer and communicator
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Responsible decision-maker with integrity and excellent judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Google Apps and Salesforce preferred
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equality. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.